Wednesday 10 December 2014

Show & Tell: Elfen Antics

14 Sleeps till Santa...

Show & Tell Thursday's

We're slowly getting there - one way or another! How are your Christmas preparations shaping up?

For the last few years we've had Albert Elf come to stay at ours. The first two years were great fun but this year the plans that I had have gotten a bit waylaid... Still, the girls love coming out in the mornings and seeing what he's been up to (I'm just happy I'm remembering even if it means jumping out of bed to quickly think up something simple!)

Last year Albert had great fun making house... and this year he is loving the comforts of his special space every now and again.

Some of the highlights:
An empty box was transformed over the course of 23 days...


...into a fully functional house - complete with carpet, wallpaper, furniture, decorations, working lights and a pet!

Some of my favourite parts to make were his chair and tree...

and the tiled roof...

It really was great fun for us all. And in addition to that were the antics... making my sewing machine go and creating his own flying fox to name a couple! If you're looking for ideas there are lots over here :)

Do you do anything Adventish? Would love to hear!
And of course would love to see what you've been working on too :)
Have a great Thursday!
L xx

Show & Tell Thursday's






11 comments:

  1. I loved that house decorating idea, if I had been more organized this is what I would have done this year. My girls are starting to second-guess the existence of Santa and his elves so I have had to work overtime to make them believe in the magic for just one more year at least. That's the sad part of having a 9 year old who goes to school and hears other children talking about whether Santa is real - she then comes home to tell her sisters. I'm playing Dora on the Floora and sharing my efforts on Instagram. It's all been very childish, but you don't follow me to gain a PhD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that is very cool!! The kids loved looking at this too!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is epic! I just have a frame with clothespegs and small boxes hanging from it that I decorated, and each morning the boys look in the corresponding box for a thing to do, make or experience. Today we are making ornaments, yesterday was a Christmas themed lunch etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!!!!! I love the idea of creating a house out of a box and that house is just too perfect for words! SO doing this with the beans! I have not done the elf with them yet but I feel like he may be coming soon as they hear their friends talk about him! Happy week to you friend...I have been running around at night trying to wrap up shopping so I am a bit behind on my reading! Hope you are well! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing everyone's Albert Adventures - wish I'd thought of that when our kids were small..... mind you, big kids can have fun too cant they?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Alberts little house, does he have sleep overs with friends?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Albert's house is sooo cute. I don't know how I missed it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely wee house! I am yet to do Elf on the Shelf as I keep thinking my boy is too young. I have felt very inspired this year though by seeing what everyone else is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Albert must be a legend amongst his mates. I mean, seriously, he has the coolest house! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Albert's house : ) I hope you had a great Christmas : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehehe Albert cracks me up.love his house....I really have missed blog reading .another thing on my list blog more and read more of my fav blogs xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!